Monday, January 28, 2008

Pulling up the Ficus Tree (27 January 2008)

We pulled out the Ficus tree that was in the ground in the Northside garden. Man, it was much more difficult than I thought. I first dug all round it and then tried to use a crow bar to jimmy it out. But it wasn't gonna budge.

So Minu grabbed the trunk and gave it a good push around - then it started to move! Yay. After about 1 hour of shaking, digging, grunting and cursing, it came out!

The Ficus tree before I pruned it and we pulled it out of the ground.


After the tree had been pulled out.


The hole that was left.


The Ficus tree in it's new home. Hopefully it survives - i'd hate to have potted it up only for it to die on me. I've put it in the back corner of the courtyard so it will only get a small bit of sunshine each day.


No comments: