Monday, March 24, 2008

Digging new garden beds

Happy Easter! I’ve had a very busy 4 days – digging and painting. My sister and I struck a deal: if I helped her paint some furniture, then she’d help me dig out the rubble from the new garden beds.

On Friday, we had the help of C before he headed off to Adelaide. He did the grunty, manly work and used a jack hammer to cut up the concrete in the garden beds.

On Saturday and Sunday, Sister Sal and I spent most of the days painting her furniture (apart from heading out to a Comedy Festival gig on Sunday night).

So Monday, we did a little bit more painting and then got stuck into the digging. We shoveled, and shoveled, and shoveled, and then shoveled a bit more. I also took out the angle grinder to cut through some reinforced wire that was set into the concrete.

So after 6 or so hours work over the weekend, we had cut through the concrete and shoveled all the rubble out of the garden beds. Now we have nice, clear garden beds ready for nice, fresh compost and soil in a couple of weeks time.

I've posted a whole stack of photos below. They show before and after (but unfortunately, this weekend, the afters don't look that much different to the befores...)

Bedroom Garden - before

Bedroom Garden...After!

RP South garden bed - before

RP South garden bed...after!

RP North garden bed - before

RP South garden bed...after!

PT garden bed - before

PT garden bed...after!
PT garden bed - before

PT garden bed...after!

Porch garden bed - before

Porch garden bed...after!

No comments: