Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's Started!

The paving has begun! Hoooooooray! Andrew (and his apprentice) started on Monday morning. This is what it looked like before they made a start:
By the time I got home at 1pm (I was working from home that afternoon) this is what they had done:Andrew + crew left after getting this far because the bricks didn't arrive on time for them. The bricks didn't arrive until just as I was arriving home.

So they returned on Tuesday morning and got stuck into it. By the time I got home this is what they had done! (pretty good considering it was a really hot - more than 35 degrees - and they had knocked off early):
I'm really happy with the way it is coming along. C is in Canberra for work this week so I'm watching the work in progress every day on my own. I wish he was here so we could talk about it together. I've had to make some decisions to change some minor things in the paving layout - I really wish C and I could have talked it though first - I'd feel much better about making the decisions. I'll post another update tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooooooohhhhh! pretty.
can't wait to see the final product. nice staining carmine.
hope this finds you both wel xo

Anonymous said...

nice paving hun... can't wait to see the final product... also Carmine superior staining job! Keep up the good work.
Hope this finds you both well
xo